Saturday, June 5, 2010

Days Off

So yesterday I hiked to a plane crash site on the side of a mountain. It was so very sad knowing 2 people died the very place in was standing. The wreckage has never been cleared and the cans and seats and just everything still lay all over the forest floor.
It put me in a pretty weird place for the rest of the day. When i got back to town, I took yet another hike down the shore path and down west street. After eating lunch I went out to the park and sat for a few hours to read and soak up the sun, it was a nice warm 70 degrees:) Checked out a few books from the library, got a blueberry lemonade and then went back to read. After reading I went in for dinner and then took yet another walk:) I watched the sunset over the harbor and then came in and watched Steel Magnolias. I needed to hear the accents:)

Woke up this morning to pouring rain. I had planned on hiking Otter Trail. So changed plans and went off island to walmart. It wqascrazy!!!!!!! Decided to bake a red velvet cake:) Got back to the apt and started baking. I think red velvet cakes dont like to be made above the mason dixon line, its not as good as the one's mama makes. Ill try apple cake next time. Cooked my supper for the upcoming week. Red Beans and rice. Then Patrick, Nicki, Champ and I watched Willow. Great Movie:) You cant go wrong with a red headed baby and Val Kilmer sword fighting:) Next Movie night- LONESOME DOVE!! cant wait cause westerns are awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment